I've been meaning to do another BB cream review especially since I'm on a Etude House, Tony Moly and soon The Face Shop addiction lately.
brief back ground:BB creams have exploded onto the Asian market so much so that even a western brand, Maybelline has finally made its own version of the sought after product, albeit currently only available in Asia.
a BB cream in its most basic form is at least a heavily tinted moisturizer and a blemish balm (so something that helps with zits or scars). Most have SPF with PA + for UV protection. while additional features include anti wrinkle ingredients. Some variants contain whitening or brightening ingredients. some are used as makeup base while some use just the bb cream as their foundation (like i do).
Today, this review will be on one of the Etude House's top of the line bb creams. their Total Age Repair Wrinkle Reduce Royal BB Cream. As the name suggests, it boasts of anti aging ingredients with either wrinkle repairing or at the very least the prevention of wrinkles.The Etude House Total Age Repair Wrinkle Reduce Royal BB cream boasts of an SPF 45 and a PA of +++ which is more than even the Missha perfect cover bb cream that only has an spf of 42. It has whitening properties as well.
This much about one pump is more than enough for my whole face and blended a little below my jaw line and chin.
It has a thick consistency upon first application and it's sticky to blend out, which for me is quite useful if i'll use this bb cream as a makeup base (meaning i can put either mineral foundation or liquid foundation on top without fear that the foundation will fade quickly throughout the day).
after a little more blending it no longer seems obvious at least on the back of my hand even with flash.
- sticky consistency but a tad watery compared to the missha perfect cover bb cream and the face shop the skin extra bb cream so i can use it as a makeup base but not too sticky that it would make it hard for me to blend
- has more than one shade, and i always choose the second shade with any bb cream that offers more than one shade.
- SPF 45 PA+++, i don't have to apply my neutrogena sunblock under my make up, less application and less steps
- has not broken me out since i started using this (almost 2wks now), no millia, no black or white heads
- very good pore coverage and it covers my broken capillaries and redness around my nose pretty well
- photographs pretty ok even with flash, but i have to put on the etude house precious mineral bb compact in #2
- omg, this thing smells like rubber medicine. FORTUNATELY, the 'scent' disappears after about 30s to 1min.
- too much dew~yeah i mean it has a dewy finish (yung parang bagong hilamos na fresh looking) ~ my issue, i have oily skin, and too much dew will make me look oily. so i have to blot even after only a couple of hours upon wearing this. Disclaimer: in fairness, the thing is for normal to dry skin since its target market is for the starting to age skin types. so what i do is just blot and dab finishing powder to matte out my face.
- lasting power: it only lasts about 4-6hours at most on my face. retouching with their precious mineral bb compact makes my face last longer.
- gray cast -most bb creams have a gray cast upon initial application which for most disappear after about 10mins. this one takes longer than that. and as shown in my vid i still have a gray cast compared to my already really fair neck (pix shown on the last part of my vid)
- the price, well in fairness i can't complain much considering it's one of their top of the line and it has such a high spf/pa. so it's about US$20
- anti wrinkle - can't say much since i've only been using it for 2wks and i've not much wrinkles yet
- whitening - haven't noticed if my skin became whiter, medyo mahirap na yun in my case.
how i use this bb or any other bb for that matter:
Will I repurchase:
No. too much dew even for our drier months now. even when used in aircondition-ed rooms. have no fear there is an Etude House bb cream for me that's suited for normal to oily combination skin...review on that soon ♥