Here's another long over due review of a product i use daily.
as i've stated in a past entry my lips easily chap so i often use lip balm or a lip treatment and top it off with a lip stick. so recently i've been using this daily and simply top it off with my maybelline color sensational for some spf.
a list of ingredients.
From the body shop website:
Best if you want to: Keep your lips lustrous and conditioned with a passion fruit-scented gloss that features the perfect hint of color.
Best for: all skin tones
What it is designed to do:
- Pearl pigments give lips a glimmering finish.
- Provide effective hydration with an ultra-glossy, dermatologist-approved formulation that is long-lasting and non-sticky.
- Moisturizing Community Trade marula oil from Namibia helps to repair skin’s moisture barrier, leaving lips soft and supple
after a while the marula oil, lanolin, avocado oil separate and leave behind the color or the really sticky part. and i have to shake it roughly for the color / really sticky part to blend with the oils.
here's a swatch.
when blended out and on my lips.
when the ingredients are blended well the texture upon application is very sticky bordering on tacky. the shade i bought is juicy peach.
as it's a lip gloss treatment i wasn't expecting pigmentation, so i was not at all surprised when i got almost no pigmentation at least with this shade. as they say, expectation is the mother of all frustration.
- light peachy scent
- effective in keeping my lips from chapping
- very lasting-lasts on my lips so long as i don't eat or drink.
- great for toning down the color of dark or really bright lipsticks.
- the shine, not glittery at all
- not gritty as there are no big chunks of glitter.
- the packaging. i prefer this over glosses with doe foot applicators or brush tips. somehow i can better manage and control the amount that squirts out of the tube.
- the price. at US$13 i'm pretty sure you can find an alternative
- sticky! so beware your hair
- it separates. so sometimes i only get oil on my lips.
Will I repurchase:
prolly not. unless it's on a buy one get one or half off. but if not for the price and maybe the stickiness this is a product that helps keep my lips from cracking.