I was actually looking for an alternative or a dupe for stila's kitten when i happened to come across a brand called TheBalm. i have their little kabuki brush and this and since then i've been salivating for TheBalm products especially when the beauty bar goes on their quarterly 65% off sales. so yes, don't be afraid to go in there and you might find something as wonderful as this.
it's not a perfect dupe for stila's kitten. i find the pink in this is more vivid WHICH I PREFER. it's a still goldeny-champagne-y shade but has more of a pink undertone which i'm afraid got washed out by my lighting.
just one swipe on the back of my hand, i truly love how pigmented it is, NOT CHALKY AT ALL
finally i have the presence of mind to have a good photo with it the eye shadow on LOL
there are pallets and you can check out their website. i like their motiff, with the 40's and 50's pin up girl and the names they have on their shadows are so kewl.
What i use this shade for:
I use it for daily wear by itself. one shade all over my lide to give my lids a nice wash of golden pink that hides my veins and discoloration.
can be used for inner lid shade coupled with a darker more matte shade on your outer v.
- has a mirror, comes in very handy
- I KID YOU NOT this doesn't not require a lid primer yet the shade is vivid
- LASTS ALL DAY WITHOUT CREASING. omo, this thing performs better than my stila all dolled up eyeshadow pallet!
- easy to spread and blend, it has the same feeling as applying stila's kitten but without the fear of over blending and eventually erasing it off your lid.
- nice satin finish (luscious lani shade) not glittery at all.
- a little goes a long way, so my PhP350+ purchase has lasted more than 6months.
just one, the price, it's US$16 so about PhP688 which is about the going rate of this product at the beauty bar. but often than not, thus the title, the beauty bar goes on 65% off. so i got this baby at about PhP350ish..
Always check out the beauty bar for alternate products if you're sick of the usual suspects such as max factor or l'oreal. proceeds of purchasing fr the balm goes to a special pug fund in the states. so yeah they had me at pug
and this is their facebook page. til next time ♥