The Body Shop did not pay me to review their product. I paid for this bb cream with my own money. video review below:
So last Thurs i went to one of the demo launches of this bb cream at the body shop with Algo/hero-Tania.
naturally i was intrigued as it's a bb cream and this time it's from the body shop.
sorta matches the skin on my neck but i still notice a yellow undertone.
not as reflective as the hydrosplash bb cream from the face shop.
photo above taken without a flash - bb set with a little revlon colorstay aqua
photo above taken with flash - bb set with a little revlon colorstay aqua
photo above taken on another day with flash several hours after application also bb set with a little revlon colorstay aqua. [this is day i fell in love with the Nars Orgasm blush] mental note - don't go in there! parang horror slasher flick lang! :P
I'll just present most of what i said in my video in bullet points
- creamy and easy to apply
- good shade match - yellow undertone [unlike my the face shop hydrosplash bb cream which was just plain white even on my fair skin]
- not reflective - i don't end up looking like a floating white head
- can be applied with fingers and still get good results [ahem the face shop hyrdrosplash bb cream]
- has not broken me out yet
- finish - semi-dewy
- i like this better than the face shop hydrosplash bb cream just bec it applies better and has a better shade match
- doesn't cover my scars well
- i'm oily in about 2-3 hours compared to my expert triple blemish bb cream fr tony moly [that only have to blot the oils away 2x a shift]
- in line with this, it doesn't last too long without being set with some like mineral foundation [i used the body shop's mineral foundation on the day of the event and my own revlon colorstay aqua mineral foundation]
- the price!!! - PhP1195 for something that's only 30ml for something other bb creams promise anyway [whitening, anti wrinkle, moisturizer, sun protection, makeup base, foundation and a partridge in a pear tree]
Will I recommend: yes, to those who are interested [and have the budget] in bb creams but don't know much about asian brands and are still timid about Korean cosmetics ;-) c'mon you can do it!
Will I repurchase: truth be told, i got this tineeweenee bottle at an introductory - thank you for coming - price of PhP500 but as much as it performed like any other bb cream - minus the coverage and lasting power, this is not something on my repurchase list
Please comment, rate, and subscribe to my channel.
Please follow my blog: kikaytrekkie.blogspot.com
Park Jung Min - Not Alone Instrumental
Kara - I'll write a letter to you