one of my purchases from last June 5 when the mega mall branch opened for the first time. i've only ever used the shiseido mascara base with my review here and i've only trusted that. but budget conscious that i am now, i had to try tony moly's to see if it would perform any better or at least the same.
the brush and the formula is white compared to my ole time fave shiseido that's sorta off gray. tony moly's is white and doesn't melt in to your black mascara. you have to coat each lash with your mascara right away and coat each lash really well otherwise you may end up with white streaks. those white streaks are or is the tony moly mascara base formula. which by the way isn't as creamy as the shiseido. this is kinda pasty.
but it works to make my lashes look thicker. i'm not sure about longer but at least it made my lashes look obvious at all. i used a really watery formula mascara from the natural source. yeah buhay pa. since this year ko lang binuksan hahaha.
- the price, it's PhP278, shiseido's is about PhP1500
- it works to make my lashes look fuller
- no weird smell
- the wand effectively spreads and coats the formula on my lashes
- not difficult to remove with lip & eye [makeup] remover the way the shiseido can be (sometimes)
- the formula doesn't melt/blend in the formula of whatever mascara i was gonna apply on it the way my shiseido does.
- uncurls my lashes, so i use a heated lash curler/wand
- because of this, i get white streaks of the formula which makes me go back and forth each lash, going back and forth with the mascara CAN lead to clumping depending on the formula of the mascara you're topping on this base
do i recommend: sure, specially if you have many mascaras that have too thin a formula
will i repurchase: it's rare that i repurchase anything LOL