Warning: pls forgive my fragments, run on sentences, homonym misspellings, mood changes, and an over-all possibly yawn moment(s) on this article, this is quite possibly one of the longest article i've ever written.
Disclaimer: this product was sent to me to try out. i am not paid for this review. i was NOT hired to do this review either. this is my honest review of this product that i've tried daily for at least 5days, 3weeks going on 4wks, in fact.
I will have an over all review on the skin shop's bb creams that were sent to me by the end of the month or at least by the first week of August posted on my youtube channel, hopefully, by this Sunday.
Skin regeneration effect + minimize skin irritation + skin trouble care
- Maximize the effect of skin regeneration by using 90% of superior filtered snail mucus
- Minimize skin irritation by using vegetable emulsifier derived from Olive.
- Exclusion of GMO ingredients which disturb ecosytems
- Using preesia extract and eight oriental herb medicine extracts which have superioreffect in anti-inflammation and sedation. (O_O sedation)
- Size : 50g
- Skintype : All skin types
How to use: Pour a generous amount of cream into your palm. Apply adequate amount of cream all over the face.
Price on their website: http://the-skinshop.com/ - SKW35000 = PhP1,403.12
First of all let me tell you now that i'm not at all squeamish when it comes to blood, guts, pus, and what comes out with either the number 1 and 2, yep even before medschool, i've never really been squeamish about much.
SECOND OF ALL, as with any mass produced product in a factory, skin care, or anything sold for mass consumption is PROCESSED. it went through a long system of tubes and tubs of heating, with added, synthesizers, shelf life prolonging ingredients, binding agents, and ingredients to make application on the skin easier. SO PLS, THIS ISN'T LIKE A crushed snail inside and you smear it on your fez. still that's what legend(s) say old-man-Hippocrates did to some guy with a leg wound - crushed a few snails and smeared it on the open wound.
- been around FOREVER like since Hippocrates' time
- has been selling like hot cakes in Chile for about a decade+ or so now
- going rate is indeed roughly converted PhP1500 ++ and yes ++
- from CNNGo written by Jean Oh as recently as July of 2011 like last month: article is here <--clickable link
- an article from way back when (2009) - click here
which says: 'Chemically speaking, snail slime is a complex mixture of proteoglycans, glycosaminoglycans, glycoprotein enzymes, hyaluronic acid, copper peptides, antimicrobial peptides and trace elements including copper, zinc, and iron.' by
- can be used on rosacea
- and a western brand sell their version on line
- generally it's that glistening slime 'laway' snails tail/leave behind when they move around
so in a farm and controlled environment, ideally, the slime produced by our super slugs are boosted with ginseng, mixed in with vitamins, minerals, and ♫a partridge in a pear tree♪.
as usual Korean cosmetics companies hire the top kpop idols to endorse their products.
cuz yeah a guy like NichKhun would go out with you when you start using this cream. (but in fairness, kkochipida gave me a sample sachet fr it's skin, which i brought to SG, i used that and i didn't look like a tired fangirl the next day on orchard road and even the day after at the Changi airport!)
but for an almost new company like the-skinshop, they have an almost new all girl group, JQT.
other brands that sell snail creams have their creams in a regular glass tub but the one sent to me has a pump. so it's uber convenient to use and hygienic.
so it looks like a regular skin cream, on the slimy side, LMAO. well it does proclaim to have 90% mucin filtrate.
some of you may remember this pic. me with not one, not two, but three zitSS! so they're sore, red, slightly swollen, encapsulated (meaning you actually feel a ball of something in your flesh when you press down)
and a few days later upon continued usage (meaning twice a day [morning and at bed time]) roughly 3-4days. the zit on my temple and above my brow have dried up significantly and the one under my eye is no longer encapsulated, no longer red, and has shrunk.
going on 4weeks using this product but using the usual cleansing (weekly facial scrub) method, i've noticed shallower pores on my cheeks. O_O yeah but it's possible the dimethicones used in this to make it easy to apply camouflage my pores, i'll use this further and get back to you on the pores thing.
burgeoning pimples shy away from growing into a full pimple since i've been using this. so in so far as skin repair, i'm inclined to believe the adverts on that issue.
- very faint scent, kinda floral and citrus at the same time
- very easy to apply not too thick not too slick
- dries and absorbed quickly
- didn't break me out, no new millia, no black heads, white heads, and no pimples from using this product IN FACT
- i now have fewer black heads, no white heads, no millia, AND it dries up my pimples very quickly [when i have a zit, it usually takes me 2wks for me to heal thy self] the reason why i grew zits is because i'm quite sensitive to sunscreens so the three days i used the sunscreen from the face shop gave me zits.
so definitely this isn't the product that caused my zits, the time line was too obvious that it was the face shop's sunscreen that caused my zits.
- does not affect my makeup like make it cakey throughout the day or make my foundation slip off.
- i've noticed i'm less oily since i started using this product.
- for 50g? SKW35000 is actually not that bad
- not locally available
- slight tingling sensation around the sensitive areas on both corners of my eyes, but that goes away pretty quickly
- had it been locally available, i'm pretty sure something that's 50g with a pump would go for something like PhP2k or more
- since i don't have much wrinkles, i can't testify to the effectiveness of this product on wrinkles
Do I recommend: most definitely! anyone who can afford this and is prone to pimples and black heads should give this a try, if you can get samples first, i wish you the best.
Will i repurchase: definitely!