DISCLAIMER: this was sent to me by Kanefil, the importer of Kanebo products in Manila for review. this is php1k ++ at your nearest Kanebo counters in major malls in the city. that being said, i will still provide the same honest, frank and detailed review as i do with my personally purchased items.
This is one of the latest foundations by Kate, it came out about the September but arrived in Manila around November. Kanefil even had a promo where in you print their promo ad from their facebook and you get a sample size of this foundation.
again, my shade written at the bottom and the content of 30mils
ok let me just say, that for any brand that charges at least 1k for their foundation, it is a must to include a pump (and a pump you don't have to buy separately, ahem, those brands that do not put pumps on their foundations). and this one though oddly looking is a pump that works and is very controllable. one small squeeze and i am dispensed just the right amount and it's hygienic (because i don't have to open the bottle to get my product out and on to my face)
aaaannnddd no crazy doohickey squeeze tube that squeezes out it's content on a sponge tip applicator for me to clean the sponge after i use.
more product info in japanese, so it's 2k yen, so it's just right this thing is php1k++ here.
Information i found on the internet regarding this product:
please click on the pictures below to see the information
and the ingredient list:
swatchee time. oc-c is my shade with just the right amount of yellow undertone
as you can see, i didn't blend it well and some of you may see the outline of the area of the back of my hand with the foundation and without.
and finished face, no flash and yes, i didn't set this with powder.
and with flash
so as the product description says, Kate is the drugstore brand of Kanebo targeted for the teens and early 20's women who are in need of higher coverage. so this brand is supposed to do two or three things here: be more affordable for our young ladies (in Japan hehehe) because it's a drugstore brand it has to have higher coverage because our girls would still be suffering from acne marks and blemishes that they would need to cover and have a finish to give a young and fresh look. sounds about right ^_^
- available in the Philippines
- pump! an awesome pump that does not over dispense the product
- no scent
- easy to blend
- not too watery
- did not break me out
- oc-c is the right shade for me
- comes in 5 shades
- does not oxidize on me throughout the day
- coverage lasts throughout the day, does not fade even if i blot the oils off my face
- medium to buildable coverage
- coverage does not make me too made up
- does not smudge/smear on the rims of my glasses
- does not affect the shade of my blush
- easy to remove at the end of the day
- does not need setting with powder
- matte but not flat finish, at least it leaves room for you to apply highlighter or a glittery blush without overwhelming your face and make you look like a disco ball
- you can reuse the plastic container (meaning the pump can be opened by unscrewing it from the bottle and you can refill it with whatever)
- not too bulky to bring along in your kit
- plastic container, you have nothing to fear that it'll break in your bag
- and plastic container does not have a plasticy-synthetic stench
- spf is only 20 so it's not too reflective on flash photography
- 1k++ is something difficult to buy for our younger ladies who are not in the alta de siudad socio economic strata
I think the fact that there are a couple of shades will make this a good investment for our young ladies. specially now, JS proms are coming up and graduation. our young ladies will need a foundation that has a matte yet not flat finish, hardly need setting and is long lasting. it's also great for photos.
Do I recommend - yes, if it's within your budget