I have now been using this for at lease two weeks.
The product description for the items can be seen below, kindly click on the picture to enlarge and make the details more readable
it is milky white and just a smidge / tad thicker than the white lucent and the tsuya
it absorbs just a tad longer than the white lucent and the tsuya but all three get absorbed without any oily residue
the ingredients of the products included in the special set are below.
and below is the spot treatment, much thicker than the original essence
but is absorbed easily as well
and does not leave a sticky oily residue
and the tone up corrector
the pink / beige hue does not appear on my skin, sadly, so i do still apply either bb cream or foundation on top of this when i know i'm going out for walk.
but it dries semi matte on me
and as you can see below, i still need at least bb cream to at least not look like i'm auditioning for the walking dead tv series season 15.
After my trips to Cambodia and day tour at Corregidor, I must admit I am no longer the NC15-20 for Mac or a 117 for Makeup Forever and people can tell that my coloring is slightly off compared to what they are used to. It's half the reason why i even used the white lucent to begin with. (some of you may know that i really am not into whitening anything but thanks to my Corregidor trip, I am able to test these products out for my self)
How I was advised to use this set is:
- skin refiner first, it's like a toner
- followed by the emulsion
- then lastly - if at night time, the original essence
- if during the day, then apply the tone corrector for sun screen
As a whole - set:
- almost the complete set i would need if i go travel the packaging is quite handy and easy to store
- all of the products even piled on on top of each other does not feel heavy on the skin
- all are easily absorbed by my skin
- did not break me out
- very mild scent that doesn't make me sneeze
- works albeit not as fast or with shocking speed as the white lucent, this white plus renew offers the same brightening as the white lucent just at a slower rate (it's even slower than the tsuya)
- the price of the original essence by itself is much cheaper then both the white lucent and the tsuya
- the original essence is available in stores but this special set has yet to reach the robinson's galeria branch (i checked last Tuesday), hopefully it's available by now.
- quite moisturizing by themselves without either the water sleeping pack or the firming pack on top before i go to bed
- does not make me oily throughout the night or the day
- does not work as fast as the white lucent but for the price, i think it's rather commensurate to the rate of brightening per peso ratio
- the medicine dropper type of dispensing the product, even if i know i have clean fingers, i still feel weird touching the tip of the dropper because i'd feel much weirder dropping a drop of product having the tip an inch away from my ring finger
As you know, I'm not one for brightening and specially whitening. I'm for just keeping status quo and enhancing what you have as per skin color. But a great deal of women prefer to be fairer than how they currently are and feel they look younger and more attractive with brighter and whiter skin. Soooo, if that's what you are looking for the white plus renew special set could be something you can check out before investing in the full sizes. I will say that I will buy the white plus renew eye cream and the tone up corrector full size. I like Laneige sun screens and i believe in their skin care.
I'm still using this set and will continue to do so. I'm trying to even out the skin tone of my face to at least my neck. if that's a fair assessment of how I recommend this product then so be it.