What it is:
A cult-favorite moisturizer that gently hydrates, exfoliates, and protects the skin.
What it is formulated to do:
Philosophy Hope in a Jar is a 99.9% oil-free, deeply hydrating, lightweight wonder designed to smooth the complexion while reducing the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration. Originally created for the medical market, this expert essential delivers soft, healthy, glowing results.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
What else you need to know:
This beloved formula contains antioxidants that protect skin against environmental damage and provides continuous exfoliation to keep roughness at bay. An infusion of yeast-derived beta glucan supports the skin's natural defense system and improves repair capabilities.
-Apply to a clean, dry, face; product will absorb instantly—do not reapply.
-Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
-Avoid contact with eyes
the so-called easy open protective cover. well, to be fair, at least it's hard to tamper with because it's difficult to open.Ingredients:
Happy camper faceAnd rather up-close.
- consistency, it really is light and is absorbed by my skin very quickly. though i am a bit confused between a cream and a gel-cream sorta like how gelatos and ice cream confuse me. suffice to say that the consistency of this oil free gel is light but not watery and it doesn't sit on my skin for a while before it gets absorbed. BEST for our humid and hot weather and climate.
- does not break me out
- very soothing on my skin, it feels cool upon application with a slight minty feeling around my eyes
- does not conflict with my other skin care
- keeps my face well moisturized
- my face does not end up like an oil slick the morning after
- i can use this during the day and my makeup does not slide off my face
- it takes very little of the product to apply it on the entire face. just one small dot on my nose, forehead, cheek bones and chin and that's all it takes for a full face application. so matipid gamitin, malayo ang mararating ng PhP1,995
- i can also apply this on my neck, and my neck won't feel icky moist
- doesn't clog my pores
- lasting moisturized but not overly oily effect
- it has a shelf life of 2 years, considering the products i need to try and blog about, a long shelf life is what someone like myself finds convenient.
- the scent. partida according to the ingredient list there is a fragrance/parfum used in this - well whatever it is, this thing smells like grass after a short shower or rain which i dislike as in really dislike
- no spatula provided, c'maaan, so does that mean if they add a tiny little piece of bamboo or plastic the price of this item will go even higher???
- it's in a tub, with no spatula provided i have to use another spatula from another product i use day and night to be able to scoop out what I need for my face. if i were to use another spatula, it would mean i'd have to wipe off whatever product is left on that spatula so i can dip that on the philosophy tub. granted i'd still wipe off/sanitize a spatula even if it is philosophy provided, but you know what i mean, hassle. so if i'm in a hurry i'd have to dip my finger in the tub to get to the product. to me that's just a let down for a product that's a whopping US$42. sana it came in an upside down tube with a pointed tip na lang for a controlled dispensation of a product rather than this generic tub/jar.
I am so loving this product except for the 3 bullets under the dislike portion of my review. Now that it's summer, it truly is a gift. It's not at all uncomfortable to apply on the skin and it doesn't go icky on my neck either. It is absorbed by my skin very quickly regardless if the room is airconditioned, regardless is if my skin is dry that or NOT which is most of the time. The fact that it's a pretty heavy duty moisturizer is the bonus because i'm at the office at least 12 hours of the day so the aircon can get pretty drying. The non-oil free gel variant is US$42 on Sephora, the oil free gel variant has a list price of US$49 on Amazon. I don't like shopping online unless i am hard pressed to do so. So at PhP1995 at our local Philosophy store at the Fashion Hall at Megamall, i'd pay the extra 100 pesos the importers of Philosophy to the Philippines and just walk on over to the Fashion Hall (Megamall D) and get the product instantly.
I received this jar as a gift for attending the joint Spring Summer launch for Philosophy and Calvin Klein by Coty last month. I am not paid in cash for these reviews.